For families that will benefit from support in their home, I am a Birth and Postpartum Doula, infant feeding specialist, with paediatric first aid, Garda vetted, insured, Covid regulations compliant.
- Would you like someone to be your advocate during your pregnancy journey?
- Do you have questions about pregnancy, induction, caesarean, VBAC, home birth, breech baby, pain relief options or labour?
- Would you benefit from a trusted person at your side during labour, to provide you with comfort, support and encouragement?
- Breastfeeding, and feel like you can’t get anything done because baby constantly feeding?
- Formula feeding, and feel like you spend all your time washing and sterilising bottles?
- Pumping and tired from bottle feeding and expressing?
- Is baby fussy and crying, and you feel you would benefit from some guidance?
- Is your body aching and you need someone else to bathe baby, carry baby for you?
- Is your brain a bit foggy and paperwork piling up?
- Long ‘to do’ list and you don’t know where to start?
- Would you like someone to help you, for a few hours, while you care for baby? To help you with the household chores so you can rest?
- Do you have questions about: winding, reflux, colic, feeding positions, nappies, baby wearing, baby massage, safe cosleeping, baby sleep, washing baby, expressing and storing milk, sterilising bottles, partner giving baby a bottle, baby starting solids, sibling adjustment, your own recovery, nutrition, fears or concerns you would like to discuss?
I can help. I offer emotional, information and practical support services.
During the current pandemic, families more than ever, are without local community and family support that was available to previous generations. If you have recently given birth and find yourself struggling, I offer day and night services. I will help you and your family in your home, to adapt to new arrival and put in place a routine that suits you.
I have breastfed, pumped exclusively for 6 months, and formula fed when needed. I have 2 children and after birth of my second I struggled greatly. I have also had 5 miscarriages and believe in normalising conversation of infant & pregnancy loss. Unfortunately there is little support services available in Ireland and a lack of awareness of birth trauma and postpartum issues. After the birth of my second child I spent a number of months attending different support groups and mom groups, looking for help. During this time I found I had gained a lot of knowledge from the midwives, public health nurses and lactation consultants, and I was able to pass on links to resources to other moms. At one of the meetings a mom mentioned that she had been gifted 3 hours session with a Doula and it had been of great help. So I looked into the profession and I realised the vocation of Doula was a great fit. I completed my Doula training and I am undertaking additional courses in other related areas so I can better assist families.
My aim is to be equipped with the skills and knowledge to help and provide positive care. A lot of new parents do not have support from their extended families, which previous generations benefited from, and my role is to fill the current void created.
I love cooking, organising and practical help aspects of Doula support. At times families can feel overwhelmed, and I believe I can provide the respite needed to recharge so they can learn to manage in a way that works for them. As well as this I find first time parents can benefit from hands-on help, guidance, and reassurance.
Do get in touch to discuss how I can assist you.